General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) – Collecting, storage and use of personal information
(In this notice ‘I’ refers to Dabrowka Lichtarowicz and ‘you’ refers to the parent/guardian)
I take your privacy seriously and, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, I will commit to the following:
I will be asking you for personal data about you and your child/ren in order to deliver a childcare service to you. I must have a legal basis for collecting this data, and there are six lawful bases:
The individual has given clear consent for you to process their personal data for a specific purpose.
The processing is necessary for a contract you have with the individual, or because they have asked you to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
(c) Legal obligation:
The processing is necessary for you to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
(d) Vital interests:
The processing is necessary to protect someone’s life.
(e) Public task:
The processing is necessary for you to perform a task in the public interest or for your official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law.
(f) Legitimate interests:
The processing is necessary for your legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party unless there is a good reason to protect the individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests. (This cannot apply if you are a public authority processing data to perform your official tasks.)
I will be processing your data under the following bases: Consent.
By signing below, you give me permission to collect and store information the information described by this privacy statement.
Where I require consent, I will provide a way for you to positively make a decision about the information that you make available and how this is shared.
This information will be collected by Dabrowka Lichtarowicz as part of the child’s induction to the setting. I will be asking for this data verbally at our initial meeting and recording it bath on paper forms and digitally. I will ask for this information at regular intervals to ensure it is up to date. I will do this by asking you to complete and return a data form.
The information that I require will be:
- Child’s name
- Child’s date of birth
- Child’s age
- Child’s address
- Child’s stage of development and developmental ‘next steps’
- Child’s images / video
- Parents’ names, addresses, email addresses, contact numbers and Facebook profiles
- Who has parental responsibility for the child
- Emergency contact names, addresses and contact number
- Home language
- Child and/or parents’ National Insurance number
The following are classed as “special category data” and I must therefore ensure that I meet one or more of the conditions of Article 9 of GDPR as well as the legal bases above:
- Child’s doctor’s name and contact number
- Health clinic/health visitor
- Child’s NHS number
- Any allergies/medical history/ requirements
- Information about immunisations
- Whether the child has any special educational needs or disabilities
- Ethnic group
My condition for processing special category data is under Article 9 (2) (b) “processing is necessary for the purposes of carrying out the obligations and exercising specific rights of the controller or of the data subject in the field of employment and social security and social protection law in so far as it is authorised by Union or Member State law or a collective agreement pursuant to Member State law providing for appropriate safeguards for the fundamental rights and the interests of the data subject”
I am required to hold and use this personal data in order to comply with the statutory framework of England, Ofsted, the Department for Education and my local authority early years team It will also include photographs, video, or audio recordings of the child. This data will be used to:
- support your child’s development
- monitor and report on your child’s progress
- share information about activities in our setting
- contact named people in an emergency
- share with other professionals in accordance with legislation
- ensure a contract of service is delivered and maintained
- ensure that this setting receives the statutory funding for which it is eligible.
This data may be, when necessary, shared with:
- Other professionals supporting your child, for example health visitor, pre-school, nursery, school, other health or education professional
- My local authority through the Free Childcare and Early Education Entitlement headcount and annual Early Years Census
- My local authority for the purposes of funded services that they support
If you want to see a copy of the information I hold and share about you or your child then please contact Dabrowka Lichtarowicz
I am required by law to keep some information about your child for a period of time after a child has left the setting. I will keep a record of this and dispose securely at the correct time.
Please see my data protection policy for further information on data sharing, safe storage and your rights to access your data.